I enjoy a nice dinner with family and friends. But eating dinner just feels like a formality I have to go through so that I can have what I really want dessert!
I have a major sweet tooth and when it comes time in a meal to consume a confection, I want to do that as quickly as possible.
Luckilyfor me, I have found an easy, quick, and deliciously satisfying dessert that can be made in about 30 minutes thats quicker than it takes to order pizza nowadays.
This recipe is simple and is sure to impress any guests you have over for dinner even sugar fiends like myself.
All you need for this recipe is a few mixing bowls, spatula, and a couple of ingredients:
- 5 to 6 apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- cup caramel balls
- cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- brown sugar
- 8 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice apples and place in large mixing bowl.
- Pour the sugar, 2 tbsp. flour, and 2 tsp. cinnamon into a small mixing bowl and mix together.
- Pour the mixture over apple slices and combine.
- Once thoroughly mixed, pour apples into a casserole dish.
- Evenly place caramel balls through out the casserole dish.
- Take a new small mixing bowl and add cup oats, cup of flour, cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp. sugar, tsp. cinnamon, combine thoroughly.
- Add the 6 tbsp. butter to the mixture.
- Spread this mixture over the apples in the casserole dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining butter over the top.
- Let cool and enjoy with a scoop of ice cream!